17. What is the difference between Master’s by coursework and Master’s by research?

Category: Applicants FAQs right

Master’s by coursework is a degree where the course consists primarily of a series of compulsory and elective subjects. It usually involves attendance at lectures, tutorials or laboratory classes, depending on the course and university. A Master’s by coursework may also contain a minor thesis or research subject in one semester.

Master’s by research is awarded following the completion of a major thesis, involving original research, under the supervision of a senior academic (called a supervisor). Normally there are no lectures or classes, although some Master’s by research degrees may also include one or two compulsory subjects.

endif; ?>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *