Travel briefing and visa applications
A visa and travel briefing is offered to all awardees to provide updates on visa and health examination requirements, prior to commencing applications for visas.
All awardees must complete a health examination prior to being granted a visa. To start the application, awardees must complete the Australian Government My Health Declaration and provide the Health Assessment Portal ID (HAP ID) to Aus4Skills. Aus4Skills will then arrange the health examination and inform awardees of the date and time.
- Health examinations usually take around 30 minutes and are normally conducted in April for Semester 1 commencement and in August/September for Semester 2 commencement.
- Conditional awardees should attend the nominated health examination clinic 15 minutes to half an hour prior to the appointment time.
- Fasting is not necessary before the test. We recommend you drink plenty of water before the test.
- When attending the health examination, please bring the following:
- your prescription glasses/spectacles or contact lenses (if applicable)
- your original passport
- eMedical referral letter, Health Examinations list or other equivalent documentation provided to you by the Australian Department of Home Affairs
- existing specialist and/or other relevant medical reports for known medical conditions
- any previous chest x-rays
Attendance at the health examinations is compulsory for Australia Awards Scholarships conditional awardees
Australia Awards awardees travel to Australia on Student visa (subclass 500) – Foreign Affairs and Defence sector.
Awardees must apply for this visa online. After you have gathered and scanned the documents to support your application, create an Immiaccount and apply for your student visa.
Required documents include:
- Online visa application form
- Color scan of your original passport bio-data page and any page that has a visa label and entry/exit stamps for Australia or another country. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months past the date of your application.
- Letter of support (provided by Aus4Skills)
- Form 956 – Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance.
Note: You must answer all required questions accurately and honestly. Do not try to conceal or falsify information as the consequences could be serious.
Please inform the Australia Awards office if any information you declared in your visa application has changed after submission (e.g: marital status).