Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships offer more than a degree.
You gain an internationally recognised qualification and a life-changing experience in Australia.
Intake 2024 applications for Master’s degree study open 1 February to May 2023
Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders for development. Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia.
Applicants are assessed on their professional and personal qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to impact on development challenges in Vietnam.
Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with disability and other marginalised groups. A support scheme is available to assist equal participation by people with disability and from other marginalised groups.
Australia Awards benefits
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for an individual to complete the academic program specified by their Australian education institution, including any preparatory training.
Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- full tuition fees
- contribution to living expenses
- introductory academic program
- overseas student health cover for the duration of the scholarship
- supplementary academic support
- fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework students with compulsory fieldwork
Priority fields of study
The priority areas of study for Vietnam are:
- Governance and Economic Growth, including economics, competition, international trade, public policy, public administration, public finance management, corporate finance, green finance law to support economic integration, entrepreneurship and innovation, social policy and social protection.
- Infrastructure and Transport, including project management and financing, traffic forecasting, transport engineering, social and environmental safeguards, urban transport planning and management, transport master planning, public-private partnership, transport economics, road safety and audit, logistics and supply chain management including maritime logistics management, green building/infrastructure.
- Education, including educational studies, education management, institutional governance, adult and vocational education management.
- Gender Equality, including gender and development, women’s studies, social work, social policy, women’s leadership.
- Agriculture and Rural Development, including Agricultural-Forestry-Fisheries sciences, agribusiness, agricultural economics, rural development, sustainable tourism management, food safety, aquaculture, fisheries management, low carbon agriculture.
- Regional Stability and Human Rights, including cyber security, criminology and public governance, international law, international human rights law, journalism and media, maritime sustainability and maritime security, international law of the sea, transboundary waterways management, international relations, political science, international security studies, strategies studies.
- Disability, including social work, special education.
- Climate Change/Environment, including disaster risk reduction, environment management, climate change risk analysis, climate change adaptation, carbon markets, nature-based solutions, climate resilient agriculture, coastal management, early warning systems, reskilling of impacted communities, water management, water engineering, water governance, water security, drought or flood management, and marine pollution.
- Energy and Energy Transition.
- Innovation, including science and technology transfer, and commercialisation.
- Health, including vaccine cooperation, health research, health systems strengthening, and degrees that support Vietnam’s COVID-19 recovery.
- Cyber Security, including cybercrime, cyber technology standards, international cyber norms, digital transformation and digital infrastructure.
- Information Technology (hardware and software), for applicants with disability only.
Studies in other fields (except Master of Business Administration, Medicine, Pharmacy) will be considered on the basis of merit.
Australia Awards Intake 2024 Vietnam Country Profile
This document includes the main information for Australia Awards Scholarships in Vietnam Intake 2024See more
Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook
This handbook provides essential information for managing or participating in Australia Awards ScholarshipsSee more
Apply for the Australia Awards Scholarships Intake 2024 through the Online Australia Awards Scholarships Information System (OASIS)See more