1. After I have completed my studies in Australia, what support can I get from the Australia Awards Alumni network?
The Australia Awards Alumni Engagement team are here to support you as you transition back to Vietnam, and continue to build your career. This includes inviting you to attend a Welcome Home ceremony, where you will receive an Australia Awards completion certificate from an Australian Government representative.
You will also be assisted to identify and build relevant skills, knowledge and networks that would benefit your workplace, sector and broader community.
2. Is there any membership fee associated with joining the Australia Awards Alumni in Vietnam network?
No. There is no membership fee for joining the Australia Awards Alumni Network.
To participate in alumni engagement activities, you only have to be an Australia Awards alumnus. Many of these activities are also open to non-Australia Awards alumni. Alumni in Vietnam will be notified through relevant channels when the events are open to them.
No. Australia Awards alumni are not charged for attending alumni activities. However, you will need to pay your own costs to attend activities, including travel and accommodation. Disadvantaged alumnus can apply for financial support to meet these costs under the Equity of Access Fund.
Alumni may also be asked to contribute a small amount for some events, such as the Alumni Reunion and two-day training workshops, to ensure commitment to attend the event and help share costs.
There are many ways for you to find out about upcoming alumni activities and events:
There are three ways to connect with other alumni:
- Join one of the 6 Professional Groups and then share what you are looking for on the Group.
- Post your interests, or search for alumni, on the 360Alumni platform.
- Email the Australia Awards in Vietnam Alumni Engagement team if you need assistance with accessing these groups.
There are many ways you can contribute to and build the network of Australian alumni in Vietnam! This includes promoting Australia Awards scholarships through your networks, speaking at information sessions, sharing your experiences with departing awardees at pre-departure briefings, and helping to organise alumni activities. Please contact the Alumni Engagement team if you need more information on how you can contribute.
Alumni of Australia Awards Scholarships, including Endeavour Scholarships, ACIAR or Vietnamese Government scholarship awardees, who completed their studies in Australia can access online academic databases free-of-charge. If you are interested in accessing this service, please email us.
9. Since I returned to Vietnam, I have not been receiving emails from the Australia Awards office as regularly as my fellow alumni do. How can I get your emails more often?
It is important for you to keep us updated about any changes to your contact details so we can ensure you receive all emails that are relevant to you. Please make sure you inform us whenever your contact details change.
10. I have returned to Vietnam after completing my studies under an Australia Awards scholarship. Can I apply for another Australia Awards scholarship?
Yes. To apply for a second Australia Awards scholarship, you must have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that you were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years).
11. I have a research interest that I would like to share with my fellow alumni, is there a way for me to do this?
The Australia Awards 360Alumni online community supports alumni to connect on shared research interests and projects. You may also wish to join the relevant Professional Group(s) for your interest area.
The Australia Awards office in Vietnam can help you connect with relevant alumni who work in your field of research from our alumni database. You are welcome to contact us about your research interest. If appropriate, you may also register as a potential speaker for professional development events such as seminars. Please send us an email for more details.
12. After returning to Vietnam, I want to visit Australia within the two-year exclusion period. What should I do?
All applicants and alumni must understand the exclusion period rules and obligations. Please carefully read section 8.7 (two-year exclusion rule) in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.
If you, as an Australia Awards alumni, wish to visit Australia for up to 3 months during your exclusion period, we can assist you in obtaining a Letter of No Objection from the Australian Embassy. Please email us for more details.
If you plan to visit Australia for longer than 3 months, you should send your request to email@example.com at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Canberra.